Tuesday, October 16, 2007

D. All of the above

What can you use playsilks for?
A. Impromptu capes, scarves or skirts
B. Raucous games of peek-a-boo
C. Roofs/doors for your couch forts

Playsilks really are floaty, soft silk. They fold up into tiny squares and then unfurl to be lakes, slings or flags. Plus, they're machine washable: a practical parent's dream!

I got mine at A Toy Garden (click on "creative play"). If you're crafty and/or brave, you can buy them really inexpensively from Dharma Trading and then dye them with Koolaid and vinegar. I haven't tried it, but there seem to be good directions on this blog.

I think I'm going to get some large ones for the kiddos. Ronan insists that his favorite color is black (because it's the "spookiest"), so if I can find a large black one, that'll be in his stocking!

No comments: