Sunday, December 30, 2007

Super-cool trucks

I'm finding it more difficult to wow my son as he gets older. He really likes character-based toys (Cars, Buzz Lightyear, Batman) and weapons. Not my favorites. He's not always immediately thrilled with my picks, although they often prove their worth in the long run.

When I saw these Fagus wooden trucks, I was cautiously optimistic. Both sets of grandparents were kind enough to buy one. Now, he's the proud owner of the Unimog truck with conveyor belt and the car transporter.

The photo is of Ronan sending the fish up the conveyor belt and into the Unimog's box.

Fagus trucks are handmade in Germany and are the recipient of many "Spiel Gut" toy awards (more on that later). They're pricey, but the kind of play they inspire, and the amazing quality of them, makes them worth it to our family.

I'd love to know if there are any American craftspeople making these kind of wooden vehicles. Let me know if you have any leads.

No comments: